View Single Post
Old March 15, 2013, 12:38 PM   #41
covcreo

VVN110

This is the VVN110 reply on their powder with primers. I would like more information on compressed loads

I recently purchased a Desert eagle 44 Mag. I have read many of the forums studying and discussing gas ports on the DE 44 Mag. This led me to your powder N110 due to its notoriety on the forums for a very clean burn. I have looked through your load data but cannot find information for the 44 Mag Hornady XTP 240 grain. I would like the recommended load for the 44DE and starting and max loads. Are these loads meant to use large pistol or large magnum pistol primers?

I saw the load data for the 240 JTC-SIL Hornady using the N110 Start Load 20.4 Gr. Velocity 1427, Max load 22.1 Gr. Velocity1541. Can I use this for the 240-grain Hornady XTP hollow point?

I have found a local distributor that carries your powder. I have previously used Winchester 296 and accurate#9. I would prefer to use your product for its clean burn in my DE. This information will help me in loading My DE44 and Ruger Red Hawk for Target and hunting.

Thank You for Your Support

Hi Mike,

Yes, the 240 JTC data should be an excellent starting point for the 240 XTP you’re wanting to use. It is, of course a different bullet, and will need to be worked back up to max, but the starting loads should be a good place to begin. Given the differences in the bullets themselves, I would expect to see some difference in the max loads, but that’s precisely why we start low and work up. Just keep an eye on the usual pressure signs, and don’t press too hard. Remember, at the pressures the 44 Mag operates within, you’re at the lower edge of the range at which you can see notable pressure signs. Just take it slowly, and consider it a stopping point just as soon as any such signs appear.

I would normally go directly to a Large Pistol Magnum primer for this application, unless I was using a faster powder for very light to midrange practice loads (which probably isn’t feasible for the DE anyway). Then, I would consider substituting the standard Large Pistol primer. I hope this answers your question, but if there’s anything more we can do to be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know. As always, we’ll be glad to help.

Sincerely,

Kevin Thomas

Sales & Marketing Manager

Nammo, Inc.

123 Winchester Drive

Sedalia, MO 65301

Page generated in 0.03853 seconds with 8 queries