View Single Post
Old February 28, 2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Trig
I know you're an experienced guy, Pete, but so am I. I'm not spewing without research; I've done my due diligence here. Your experiences upstate notwithstanding, this is how the law is enforced down here.
I don't doubt you, but it's insane. Your county has a very interesting interpretation of the law.

No dealer in this area will even INQUIRE about a permit until you are actually taking permanent possession of the handgun.

You can walk into any firearms dealer and ask to see a handgun and they'll hand it to you no questions asked.

Our DA is not lenient, the DA in your area is apparently a loon.

I've never heard of "pre-license possession". In fact, most counties in this area require handgun safety classes before a permit is issued and those classes all involve handling and firing of handguns by everyone in the class and there are no requirements for taking the class. You don't have to have applied for a permit or even intend to do so.

I see nothing in section 400 indicating the existence of any sort of "pre-license" permit and I've never heard a single reference to such a thing until now.

Around here, the "un-permitted possession" rules are universally ignored. I know many police officers who will let folks fire their personal handguns at the range, no questions asked. No one cares.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 28, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries