View Single Post
Old December 17, 2006, 01:20 AM   #14
Bubsy

second thoughts on the PX4 Storm

You're right. I didn't try the 1911 or the high power. But I know that a day after I tried the Beretta's I've been having trouble hearing out of my right ear. I used ear protectors, but I've had hearing loss in that ear for quite some time and it is very sensitive to certain sounds. I think the loud almost cannonlike sound that the 9mm Beretta makes would destroy my hearing over time. I guess I have a few choices. Wear ear plugs and a hearing protector as was suggested in another thread here. Shoot only in an outdoor range where I would think there would be less reverberation. Purchase a gun that has a lower decibel noise level ( the S&W 38 revolver, I believe is around 153 db. vs 160db for the Beretta and that is a substantial difference).

I'm puzzled as to why my hearing was affected so much. Last summer I shot a rifle at an outdoor range w/o hearing protection and it didn't affect my hearing.

Any other forum areas here where I might post an issue regarding my hearing. I'll talk to the ear MD too. I know I'll really enjoy a hobby of target shooting, and I really liked the PX4Storm, but I don't think its worth the risk of going deaf.

Page generated in 0.02647 seconds with 8 queries