View Single Post
Old December 9, 2008, 01:51 PM   #92
RTBArms731

I hate to be a dissenter here, but what makes you think this wasn't an innocent encounter with a stranger in need to which you reacted in a paranoid "I'm going to enhance my manhood by thinking firearm" sort of way?

Think of it from the other guy's point of view. He's in need of directrions or a jump start. He approaches, and all of a sudden, you confront, and it becomes a firearm situation? Suddenly he might feel threatened. But it was you who escalated by throwing down. Did you see a firearm?

A better approach would be to stop thinking gun play, which you did only because you were carrying, and just be a normal guy. Be cool, be ready, but don't assume it's a threat. Assuming every stranger is a threat makes you a paranoid a-hole. Unless you are inexperienced with your firearm, you can be prepared without going there. With proper experience, you could have been both helpful and safe. Note the word "proper." Lots of people with experience are too juiced by attitude to react sensibly.

If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but this isn't about feeling good; it's about being safe and responsible.

Page generated in 0.02308 seconds with 8 queries