View Single Post
Old April 10, 2000, 08:29 PM   #3
hksigwalther

CVG,

There were a couple of places (I can't remember which ones) I found in Shotgun News or Gun List that advertised 26" or 28" barrels for the M3 (and for the M1) with interchangable chokes for ~$325 as I racall a few years ago. Can't find them now. For that kind of money, I figured it was just as simple to buy a low cost wingshooter and have TWO shotguns instead of one (for this case). I don't see a barrel listed for the M3 (other than the 18.5") in their pricelist (1998). A bunch of barrels for the M1 though. I did call Benelli to see if the M1 bbl would work in the M3, but the girl said no. She didn't seem to be well versed on the technicalities of the shotguns so I wasn't really confident of her assessment. What I should really do is pull apart my M1 and M3 and examine the bbls, but I'm a lazy slug. I bought a Rem1187 anyways for the wingshooting.

Oh, one other thing, those hunting bbls will have beads instead of a front blade. As high as the ghost ring blade is, I'm not sure if the rear sight has enough lowering adjustment if you switched over to a bead. I guess the best bet would be to remove the rear sight.

- Ron V.
Belpre, OH

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries