View Single Post
Old September 13, 2017, 08:27 AM   #6
higgite

Quote:
- Better to buy 1lb or bigger containers of powder?
Yes. Depends on how much and for what you reload and how much money you're willing to tie up.

Quote:
- Better to buy components at store to avoid hazmat fees or online in bulk to spread out the hazmat across many items?
Yes. Depends on IF you have a LGS and what their prices are and how diligently you are willing to shop the web and wait for sales. Two friends and I usually combine our powder and primer orders to spread out the shipping and hazmat fees.

Quote:
- Can you give me some ideas on what typical costs are for bullets and powder?
Not without knowing caliber, intended use, intended firearm, yada, yada, yada. There are no such things as "typical" bullets and powder as far as I know. A lot of folks will tell you "I paid this" and "I paid that", but fail to mention where they paid it. I personally like window shopping online for the best deals for the components I like and tailored to my personal preferences, but then I'm a geek.

Not to sound harsh, but a lot of your questions can be answered through a little research on your own. It's hard to give useful information or advice on such general questions with so few background details. Buck posted some good general advice for you as a beginner.

Page generated in 0.02877 seconds with 8 queries