View Single Post
Old January 4, 2015, 09:44 PM   #5
MajorDanger

Hartcreek - That's a really neat method, I'll have to try that some day if I can find the right area with flowing water and whatnot. I can honestly say I would have never thought of anything like that but I can see how and where it would be really helpful.

Mr.Borland - First of all, all I can think of is Al Borland from Tool Time, lol.
Second, given that your post is so long, I took my time in reading it, and wow.
Thanks for the compliment, and also thanks for all the tips! I'm looking into a .22 rifle actually for a few reasons. (I know, I know, it's almost sacrilege that I don't have one already) First one of those is cost, obviously. I'm one of those guys that I would shoot all day every day if I could. Obviously because of cost of ammo, I wouldn't last very long unless I had my wife to pry me away from the bench and make me go to work. Second is because of recoil actually. I like to go for at least a few hours at a time, if not making a day trip out of it. Shooting anything larger than a .22 for that long would give me a serious beating in the shoulder, and the wallet. Everything you guy's have given me has been really helpful. I'll definitely be using it!

Some people may think the fundamentals are boring but I thoroughly enjoy putting holes in paper. Big or small. The more I can learn, and the better i can feel about myself at the end of a range day just make it all that much more enjoyable. For the most part that's why we do it, no?

By the way that box is something to be proud of. That's a hell of a lot of brass!

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 8 queries