View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 10:50 AM   #72
Glenn E. Meyer

My take is simple - from my own experience, I had a fall and broke my gun hand wrist, ribs and badly sprained an ankle. Nothing to do with a fight BUT if it was and I fell down boom - with a unchambered gun - that would be quite exciting. Interestingly, I then took (I was scheduled for it before) - an injured shooter class with my left arm in a cast. Carried with my non dominant hand for quite a bit - which is not a problem as I shoot decently either way.

Another stupidity - worried about my car - I drove to the hospital myself and it was stick car. Shifting was interesting. Should have waited for the EMTs. Men are so smart.

About a club - in a class, we did learn how to use the gun as an impact weapon (for close up if you ran out of ammo or malfunctioned). Dressed up in protective gear, you had to walk through a shoot set up with a revolver with an unknown number of rounds (Code Eagle) and then you were set upon by attackers. Whacking them was ok. But it isn't just waving the gun around, there was techniques. Now doing that when someone is sittting on you is would be nasty.

My take - if you fear the technical aspects of the gun or or your skill to manipulate it - it's the wrong gun for you.

Carry a revolver with 4 rounds without one under the hammer and the next to rotate empty. That is as safe as it can get.

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries