Thread: Downsizing
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2013, 11:57 PM   #8
azmark

Bikerbill, you are definitely wiser than I. I actually thought this shortage wouldn't be any different than the last one; boy, was I wrong. I kept thinking of getting a 22 mag but never did. I didn't even get a stock of 22lr shot shells to go with my few hundred rounds of regular 22 ammo. I didn't have a .22 at the time but if I had gotten ammo at least I could find a gun now.

Bob, a J Frame is on my list but they're a tad hard to find now. A 637 was actually the first gun I thought of. A 642 would be nice if the trigger pull wouldn't irritate my bad tendons. I'm really trying to baby them this time. I thought this injury was pretty much healed up after all those months, but chopped down just one durn tree and it's worse than when it started all those months ago. Who said we get smarter as we get older?

You know what? I have a buddy with a 442. I should just try and see how bad it would be. If it hurts too much I can always just stop squeezing, huh? There may be some J frames still to be had if I look hard. I had just about settled on a compact 1911.

Guess I have more looking around and researching to do. Boy, I really hate shopping for handguns, don't you?

Page generated in 0.02122 seconds with 8 queries