View Single Post
Old April 16, 2008, 03:04 AM   #9
Sport45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyebe
I have been handloading for about 40 years. I have some once fired S&B 3006 cases that I am trying to load for my M1 Garand which may be sensative to high primers and slam fires. I use an RCBS dedicated priming tool. I have been unable to seat the primers deep enough. Upon examination, I discover the depth of the S&B primer pockets varries between .20 & .24 The CCI 200 primer measures .25 so it is obvious why I can't get them to seat properly. This is the first time I have attempted to reload S&B cases. Winchester cases have a primer pocket depth of .30 on average. Have any of you run into this? Is there a brand of large rifle primers that may be less than .25 deep? I have about 200 of the S&B cases, trimmed, chamfered, polished, primer pockets cleaned, ready to go and I can't get the darn primers in.
Thanks for your help. Paul in Arizona
Welcome to The Firing Line! Stick around and share your thoughts.

What units are you using to come up with CCI primers being .25 tall? All I've ever seen were a little less than 1/8", but I'll have to confess I've never measured one.

Here is a link to some tech data on primer sizes. Maybe you could find one a little shorter that would work.

Page generated in 0.02209 seconds with 8 queries