View Single Post
Old March 6, 2008, 01:12 PM   #30
NJ-Dirtrdr

Been in a somewhat similar situation, and did the same thing:

Heavy rains flooded a portion of a moderately trafficked side-street. Hapless drivers kept stalling out, and stranded themselves in the knee-waist deep water before the police shut the road down. I saw that there were some "older" drivers who were not in danger, but were definitely stranded.

I took off my H&K, as well as my leather holster and helped push out the cars along with some other young guys. I knew that I'd be bending over, and my thin t-shirt would quickly reveal my CCW in the heavy rain, and I also didn't want to ruin my nice holster.

Society is riddled with people who are afraid to "get involved" and the mentality that you're getting in the way is ludicrous, at least until competant authorities arrive and have the scene under control. You're a fine American for taking time out of your own day to help someone else.

BTW: I would not have changed my actions, but if any degree of haste was required I wouldn't have paused long enough to remove my rig. Besides, in those situations, people would likely think you're some kind of LEO because this society has brainwashed us into thinking those are the only people who are SUPPOSED to get involved when a quick response is needed.

Page generated in 0.03764 seconds with 8 queries