View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 02:14 PM   #20
Evan Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webleymkv
Does anyone else find it interesting that this "passion" within Kelly and Giffords was ignited not when Giffords was shot, but two years later after she was conveniently out of office and thus not subject to the political backlash of supporting gun control?
<snip>
Regardless of what personal hardship they've suffered, I have a very difficult time respecting people who are willing to sell out our Constitutional rights for publicity and money.
I concur with what's been said here about the hypocrisy of his actions in this particular instance.

However, I think it's worth exercising a bit of empathy toward Mr. Kelly and Ms. Giffords, given what they've been through. It's very human to want to make that kind of suffering mean something: to use your experience to some constructive end. The fact that we think they're utterly misguided in the means they've chosen isn't a reason to question their sincerity.

And as to the timing... one might allow that her rehab has been more than a full-time job for the last couple of years. She's made a pretty amazing recovery.

Page generated in 0.03037 seconds with 8 queries