View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 04:08 PM   #15
markj

A cousin from Mich came to hunt pheas. We are working a draw and get to the end. No birds, we go to the truck and my dog in on point in the ditch right by the truck. I grab a handful of gravel and toss it. A rooster busts up, Ron kills it, went to step down into the ditch and fell flat on his face. He was covered in mud.

My brother and I were hunting a field, I told him 2 years before I was there with a cousin and a pheasant flew right into a high line killing it. Just then a rooster flushed right into that very same power line and died right there.

Was hunting with my 10 year old nephew (Now a Marine in Afgan) and my Dad. We were hunting a treeline, Dad on one side us on the other working it to the end. Josh (nephew) had a plastic shotgun that made bang sounds. A rooster flushed, josh was on it, he fired same time as Dad, bird drops, Josh says "I got it" , Dad says yep you sure did with a huge smile.

I was bird hunting when rifle season was on so I had some slugs in my pocket. Was on a hill in waist tall grass when I see a doe like 20 yards in front of me just walking along slow as you please. I load up a slug and crouch down holding my dogs muzzle so she would be still when a buck comes up nose to the ground licking when she pee'd. He got to her and mounted up. I shot him off of her, he died happy and never took a step. Just slid off her and fell down. She stood there for a minute like she didnt know what was going on. I could have took her too but had one tag.

Page generated in 0.02125 seconds with 8 queries