View Single Post
Old January 29, 2009, 04:38 AM   #1
phil mcwilliam

Trajectory figures for 22lr zeroed at 75 yards

A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a gunstore to stock up on centerfire hunting ammunition. As I was browsing the shop a CZ 22 caught my eye. I realized that I hadn't owned a 22 rifle for a number of years, since the last 30 years has been spent hunting game with centerfire rifles. I am now the proud owner of a CZ -452-2E ZKM Deluxe. I topped it off with a Leupold 2-7 x 33 scope.
I've bought a variety of ammunition to test including Winchester powerpoint, Winchester superspeed & CCI minimag, & am itching till I get up to my mates 2,000 acre property in a weeks time, so I can sight the thing in & then go hunting.
I want to sight in for 75 yard zero, & was trying to recall my teenage years-(some 30 years ago), when I knew the trajectory figures for a 22lr sighted at this distance. Is it dead-on at 25 yards, + 1 Inch at 50 yards, dead-on again at 75 yards, then 3 inches low at 100 yards? My memory fades when it comes to 125 yards, but if any one can confirm or correct it would be appreciated.
I will of course confirm information when I'm sighting in, but a little knowledge before hand may go a long way.

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries