View Single Post
Old March 5, 2020, 05:39 PM   #44
TunnelRat

Do you carry a PPQ?

What you’re seeing in the video isn’t really to do with the weight of the trigger press. It’s a function of the design and the fact that a blow to the rear of the firearm can cause the striker to slip off the catch (apologies for the incorrect term). The fact that the striker block is there to prevent such a thing from detonating a primer isn’t some happy accident. It’s by design. Hammer fired pistols also have firing pin blocks to prevent a blow to the rear of the slide, or perhaps the hammer slipping off the sear and falling forward, from detonating a primer. The same logic applies.

Only a design capable of cocking itself again wouldn’t have a dead trigger (what I call a true double action pistol). Many striker fired pistols and single action pistols would have the same dead trigger. It’s basically the same result as if you had a hard primer or light primer strike. You, tap, rack, and reasses (potentially bang if the tactical situation is unchanged). That failure drill exists for a reason. It’s worth noting that a P99 wouldn’t, as far as I can tell, have the same dead trigger and it still has a good trigger pull assuming the DA doesn’t bother you.

I mean no offense by this, but if this pistol is causing you this level of consternation, why not carry something else? The market is full of pistols that are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries