View Single Post
Old January 26, 2022, 06:41 PM   #42
Bart B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddawg View Post
Ok you got me curious Bart, I went down and gave the CZ it's once a decade cleaning. I cannot recall the last time I cleaned this rifle, at least ten years and 10,000 rounds ago. Maybe more

Pic 1 is of the 12 cleaning patches in left to right order - the top 4 were dry, I followed those with 4 wet with Hoppes 9, that is the middle row, then finished up with 4 dry on the bottom row. From the looks of the borescope pic looks like I need to put another wet patch down and let it soak a bit, some small carbon streaks were left

Pic 2 was taken with my little teslong borescope after cleaning. I did notice some light pitting at the 6 o'clock position of the barrel. That might be the glass dust from the primers that was mentioned in that thread you linked. Whatever it is accuracy does not seem to be a issue. The rifle still shoots lights out if I hold my tongue just right and use good ammo, as witnessed by Pic 3 which was shot back in July 2020. With premium ammo the little $300 rifle can still shoot a .473 average for 25 shots at 50 yards.

Now I just have to get the barrel dirty again before the next ARA match
What is the biggest group's size?

Page generated in 0.03286 seconds with 8 queries