View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 04:18 PM   #75
nate45

I'll be a dummy and post a couple of my flashlights. The reason I say dummy, is that for some reason a certain segment sees flashlights as some unnecessary piece of 'tacticool' equipment. The reasons why they do elude me, or their logic, or rather lack of logic behind their reasoning, I should say.

I use a handheld, but think weapon mounted is probably the best way to go. If you can't light up a room, or outdoor area with a weapon mounted light, without covering someone, or something with the muzzle, you are inept. Just hold it at low ready, no need to sweep it around like a search light. You will be able to see just fine.

Pistol is a Kahr PM9, top knife is an Ontario Rat 1, next is a 4Sevens Quark AA2 Tactical, then my twenty year old Cold Steel Ultra-Lock, last a Fenix LD20.

The Quark has a moonlight(0.2 Lumens), low(4 Lumens), medium(22 Lumens), high (85 Lumens), Max (205 Lumens). It also has strobe, beacon and SOS. It will run 30 days on moonlight and 1.3 hours on Max. I use rechargeable AA Eneloop batteries that have 1500 charge cycles and hold up to 75% of full charge for 3 years. I charge them on average every six weeks with normal use.

As you can see, you can easily use Kraig's technique of a lower lumens, stealthier light and still deliver 205 eye searing, room illuminating lumens if you want/need too.

Having a practical/tactical flashlight as part of your EDC and knowing how best to employ it, is the only way to go, IMHO.

Page generated in 0.02484 seconds with 8 queries