Thread: Bump Firing
View Single Post
Old November 3, 2008, 05:43 AM   #40
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I'm thinking about this claim that bump firing can lead to out of battery firing and I'm having trouble seeing the mechanism that leads to that outcome.
We did some testing with bumpfiring a 9mm Beretta Storm. We found we could fire strings of 10-20 rounds at rates ranging from 900-1200 rounds per minute. Since the Storm isn't a locked breech design, then the possibility exits for ending up with an out of battery detonation. There is no indication that the gun was designed for the parts to work appropriately at that speed...which is higher than most full auto guns are timed to run.

As for the notion that it is a waste of ammo, I have seen enough posts here to believe everyone wastes ammo. So it is just a matter of choosing how you want to do it.

In terms of accuracy (marksmanship control, actually), the poor man's machinegun youtube vid posted above is a bit unusual. I don't believe I have seen the same method being used with an unsilenced gun - the silenced helping moderate the recoil.

Page generated in 0.03185 seconds with 8 queries