View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 06:56 PM   #28
WVsig

Quote:
Don't forget that the original paddle-mag P99 has already essentially failed on the U.S. market once over... when it was being offered as the SW99.

Although I can't see into the minds of company's corporate boards either, I've long suspected that the M&P program was rooted in disappointment on the part of S&W management, which presumably entered into the original agreement hoping that a rebadged P99 would succeed where the Sigma had failed.
I do not see the P99 and SW99 as a failure of the mag release design it was a failure to properly and effectively market that pistol. If it has a push button release it would still have failed.

If paddle mag releases were all destined for failure in the US market HK would be going under because they seem rather found of it.

The M&P program is S&Ws answer to the Glock which the SW99 never was. The Sigma well the Sigma just sucked.... LOL To me the M&P was S&W getting back to a meat and potatoes LEO gun like the 3rd Gen Smiths. The SW99 was never going to be that gun.

I personally do not understand why people are getting their panties in a wad about the 2 different style releases since both will be available in the US market. The funnest part is that Walther can't produce enough of either to meet the current demand.... LOL

Page generated in 0.04052 seconds with 8 queries