View Single Post
Old August 19, 2013, 08:50 AM   #36
zukiphile

I would think that if you are selling an SKS you would attract a high proportion of people on very modest budgets and who might just be starting in the hobby. That itself would not excuse the lapse of ordinary etiquette you note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
If this thread proves one thing, it's the fact that we can be our own worst enemies sometimes. We don't just let ourselves get factionalized: we actively do it to each other.
I think it is substantially divisive if skeet shooters support semiautomatic rifle restrictions because "if you want to shoot a machine gun, you can join the Army". It seems substantially divisive if rifle shooters characterize concealed handgun carriers as criminals or unbalanced people living a fantasy.

I do not believe it is particularly divisive to note that some peoples' consumer preferences are tied very closely to self image. You find this with cars, shoes, suits and firearms. I prefer .22lr, but have run into quite a few shooters who see the "tactical inferiority" of my preference as evidence of my own cognitive deficit.

I would not think of those people as my worst enemy. Maybe that means my enemies are worse than average.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries