View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1
bedbugbilly

??? on grips for Sig Sauer 1911-22

I did a quick search but didn't find an answer . . if I over looked it I apologize.

I finally picked up a new Sig Sauer 1911-22 this past week - been wanting one for some time and ran across one that was on special. The typical Sig rosewood grips are attractive but I'd really like to change them out for a set of more "GI looking" double diamond checkered walnut grips.

So my question - I know that a few of the parts are interchangeable with the standard 1911 (not all). Are the grips? If I purchase a set of walnut grips for a standard 1911, will they work on the Sig 1911-22? The Sig has the ambidextrous safety on it but in looking at it, I don't think that the safety lever would interfere with the grip panel on either side if standard 1911 panels would work and I change them out. Is this correct or what do I need to be looking for?

Many thanks. I'm hoping that there are enough 1911 lovers on here who may have standard 1911s and a Sig or GSG 1911-22 that could easily straighten me out on the grips and if they are interchangeable.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries