View Single Post
Old September 16, 2010, 11:54 PM   #22
Support_and_Defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdutton
and another quick question: Can I legally purchase handgun ammunition from a sporting goods store or my local gun store, even though I'm 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenState
Yes you can
Not legally. It's against Federal law for a licensed dealer to sell ammunition intended to be used in a handgun to a person under the age of 21.

And if someone says, "Well just tell them it is for a rifle." I will reply that then the buyer is committing a Federal felony.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...2----000-.html

(a) It shall be unlawful—
(6) for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter;

(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—
(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;

Page generated in 0.03860 seconds with 8 queries