View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 11:34 PM   #8

A buddy of mine bought the TacInnov. can that is aluminum, but shorter than mine: the same length as the Quest. It sounds just as good as mine.
Someone feel free to correct me on this, but I think that they came out with a new baffle for those shorter suppressors that is just as effective as the older but longer suppressor ? I think I remember that.

Everybody gets caught up on this $200 stamp thing, but it is an artificial barrier created in the mind of people who haven't bought this stuff before. But, suit yourself, the Quest is a real nice can. I have one. I got the glossy black finish. I am seriously thinking about buying another one in the stainless finish. In fact, I might stop by a local store tomorrow and see if he has one in.

Wet means just what you think it means.
Spit in it. Put water in it. Put ultrasound jelly in it, put wirepulling lubricant in it, a commerical product sold for this purpose .................................... And the suppressor will be significantly quieter. Water is probably the most common medium. The difference is how long will whatever you put in it last. 10 shots, 20 shots................. I believe that in tests, Ultrasound stuff lasts the longest. It is usually put in the back end of the suppressor where you screw it on the gun. The amount is sort of experimental. If you put too much, it blows back all over you. But, you want enough that it works and lasts for awhile.
One warning: I have read on-line that you shouldn't use any kind of "wetting" medium in a centerfire rifle suppressor because of the pressure involved. With .22s, it is no problem. But it is messy. In my experience, even if it doesn't blow back on you, it makes the gun dirtier. But it makes a BIG and obvious difference in the sound. As I said before, if you are using any decent .22 suppressor wet, it is as close to silent as you are going to get.
I think this is where I originally read the tests on the various "wetting" agents: http://www.silencerresearch.com/
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Page generated in 0.03065 seconds with 8 queries