View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 11:11 PM   #35
EastSideRich

There seems to be alot of "if they come to take my guns ......" type of responses.
What happens if it is not "Mr. Jones, Were here for your guns", but "Mr Jones, You have the right to remain silent ........"

If the police were to come and try to place you under arrest, or tell you they have a search warrant, are there alot of people who will seriously start blasting away? I'm sure there are people who will say they will, and maybe even a few who really will, but when push comes to shove, I don't think most of us are willing to start a stand-off or gun down police officers on their front steps. Both are lose/lose situations; You will either leave in the back of a squad car or a body bag.

I really doubt there will be New Orleans style confiscations. I can much more easily imagine warrants and arrests.

Either way I'm not willing to shoot it out and leave a widow and fatherless children, but thats just me; some of you might.

It's a damn shame, but I feel like if the right people are in place in congress, and the right president is in the white house they'll be able to do whatever they want and there will nothing anyone can do about it.
Quote:
I think at most they will just make it harder to get certain types of weapons. Which is absolutely idiotic. I remember the awb. You could still get AK's all day long with a thumb-hole stock. Hell, I bought one during the ban.
Don't think they can't learn from their mistakes. If there is another ban I wouldn't expect it to be like the last one.

As kind of an aside, does anyone know how they did it in Australia and England? I know they a buyback in Australia which was paid for with some kind of sales tax increase, which I don't see them doing here (the paying us for them); but what were the consequences of not turning them in? (not rhetorical - I'm asking)

Last edited by EastSideRich; October 16, 2008 at 11:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries