Thread: Bore Snakes
View Single Post
Old March 16, 2008, 01:44 PM   #56
5whiskey

To everyone on TFL I want to apologize for my last post. That was un-called for and I was out of line. Not to mention that isn't exactly how God wants me to treat other people.

Bogie, that apology also extends to you. I don't like giving excuses, I'd rather just say I screwed up and should learn from the experience so that I may not do it again. I should not have resorted to personal insults, and I ask your forgiveness. I'm still miffed over a couple of your comments, but it's my job to forgive along with asking forgiveness.

My basic interpretation of you post tells me that you view the average Soldier/Marine to be a bumbling fellow who doesn't have the coordination to make his training effective. That may not be what you wanted to present, but thats how I took it. Yes, there are morons in the military (imagine that)... but the beauty of having morons is there are hundreds of alternatives such as company clerk, cook, S-shop positions, etc. that keep those morons where they belong... inside the wire. The average Soldier/Marine who leaves the wire is not larger than life... but not exactly Gomer Pyle either. Contrary to your comments, the ones that can aim and shoot effectively usually outnumber the ones that we want to stay in the truck as a driver when we do a hard hit.

I obviously retract my comment on fighting. That was immature and stupid (not ignorant, just stupid). On shooting with you... well if I ever make it to misery I may take you up, though I don't have the money to wager. BTW, I'm sure your a good bench shooter, but there is always someone that is better no matter what. I measure <.5 moa groups myself for sport these days. That's not from a bench though. No I don't use a boresnake on that rifle. Just because it makes no sense to use a boresnake on a bench rifle when you easily have the option of one-piece rods, doesn't mean that they can't be used when appropriate. I do not support the thought process that cleaning with a boresnake will turn a .5 moa rifle into a 1.5 moa rifle. I won't argue that constant use of a boresnake could potentially open up your group from .27 to .35 on the bench. My argument is that .08 moa doesn't matter unless you are competing. While competition with a precision rifle is dandy, that isn't the primary reason for their existence.

Finally... "Gasp" a 1 moa rifle!!! I would throw that on the scrap heap!!!

Wow... just wow. That's your standard and that's fine, but that 1 moa rifle can be lethal at 1000 yds. BTW, just because 1 moa is the minimum standard for the M40 doesn't mean that most or many of them shoot that loose. Most of them are consistent half minute rifles. 1 moa is just the minimum standard.

Again my apologies, but that still doesn't mean that I don't think you're dead wrong...
Cheers,
Joey

Page generated in 0.03068 seconds with 8 queries