View Single Post
Old November 7, 2005, 02:19 PM   #6
butch50

Quote:
Do you practice drawing and firing from the briefcase? What is your time, from a sitting position? Can you put one round on target in less than two seconds?
I do not "practice" drawing and firing. I did do it enough times to get familar with the movements, but I don't do it continually. In less than two seconds? Probably not. In a reasonable amount of time yes. Probably about 3 to 4 seconds, depending. It is about as fast as going into my pocket and pulling it out. About as fast as a holstered gun I would think.

Quote:
If it works for ya, run with it. However, remember that briefcases, like purses, are prime targets for the snatchers of the world. Also, moving your pistol about, from briefcase to pocket and back, can really add some confusion when the adrenalin starts pumping.
So far it works for me - it keeps me within short reach of a pistol during the normal working day. That is a good point about briefcases being a target for snatching, but I don't normally travel in those kinds of areas during my normal work day routines. Moving the pistol only occurs under controlled circumstances - it is either in my pocket or in the briefcase and when I move it between them it is done where I have the opportunity to do it un-noticed.

Quote:
Wooh, tactical briefcase??? Butch, What do you do for a living that you need to lug all that.
That's the 64 dollar question about carrying really. It isn't that I need to carry, it is that I prefer to carry, and this is just the way that I have worked out for myself during my working day. When I am not at work I use multiple methods of carry, and vary the gun(s) that I am carrying as well. There is nothing inherently dangerous about my job, it is pretty ordinary.

I haven't found any carry method that I prefer over simple pocket carry, but that is just me. I do like being able to stand casually with my hands in my pocket and actually having a grip on the pistol - that might be handy some day.

The knife generally gets used to open boxes, but it is always good to have a sharp knife handy. The flashlight was a present from my wife - I am amazed at how much light that little thing puts out. If you haven't seen one first hand, you will not believe it. Occasional power losses have happened here where I work, I drive sometimes at night, etc...so a flashlight comes in handy now and then. This thing is tiny too, so it takes up no space.

Pepper spray I am thinking might be handy as an in-between kind of weapon, and it would be nice to have a selection. I had extensive first hand experience with CS gas in the Army and have a very good idea of the effects. I got gassed so many times that I started to think I was being experimented on by the CIA or something....

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries