View Single Post
Old November 1, 1998, 01:09 AM   #1
Mac Scott

First off, our many thanks to all of you who've participated in the Gunsmithing Forum. Our activity level is lower than some, higher than others and seems to be serving its purpose: Providing an area where all facets of firearms mechanics may be openly -- and hopefully intelligently -- discussed.

Some interesting topics have been so far propounded on our Forum, with some equally interesting answers attending. We could, however, use some more input in this area. I would imagine that there are more than a few highly-skilled gunsmith-types, be they thus employed or hobbyists, who drop in here from time to time. Of you I ask that you share your knowledge, your skills and your attainments with us.

Conversely, one doesn't have to be a working gunsmith to get something out of a forum of this nature. If you have any questions regarding the craft, be it concerning handguns, rifles or shotguns, please ask away and we'll do our darndest to get you some hopefully helpful answers.

As some may know, my co-moderator/business partner, Doug McDougall, and I are full-time pistolsmiths. We specialize in CCW and defense-oriented handgun modifications and are somewhat noted for our Colt .380 conversions and modifications. While we do very little work on long guns these days, we certainly have in the past and might be able to provide some insight into your current project or whatever. If we can't, there's bound to be someone more knowledgeable lurking in the wings out there somewhere -- it's you we're encouraging to speak up and be heard. We'd all appreciate it.

Finally, my thanks to all for their politeness and courtesy in this Forum. It's truly heartening to see and hear -- and probably a bit disconcerting to the errant anti-gunners who undoubtedly drop by in hopes of gleaning some seemingly malicious comment they can get some mileage out of -- and wind up seeing nothing but professionalism. You are all to be commended.

Warmest regards,

----Mac Scott

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries