View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Blacktail_Slayer

Good Muzzleloader at low cost HELP

I live in southwest washington state. I was drawn for a multiseason deer tag this year. That means I can hunt all 3, archery, modern firearm, and muzzleloader seasons, instead of having to pick one. I have a bow and rifle for the task, but no muzzleloader. I have one I can borrow but its also something I have wanted to have of my own. I don't believe I will switch to hunting muzzleloader exclusively, but you never know, I may fall in love with it. Also, the unit I hunt a lot is firearm restricted, archery, muzzleloader, shotgun, or revolver only. So that gives me a backup for my slug gun for hunting the modern firearm season in the unit. Since my use of a muzzleloader will just be occasional, I don't want to spend a alot. To fallow the state regulations to hunt in the muzzleloader season it must be open sights and I quote the regulations "Ignition is to be wheel lock, matchlock,
flintlock, or percussion using original
style percussion caps that fit on the
nipple and are exposed to the weather."
Any ideas on a good muzzleloader for the money? Under $300 would be ideal, I have seen many used and such for $100-$200. As long as I can be consistant on a deer size target to 100 yards I will be happy. That is due to most the area I hunt being close and longer shots being rare. Theres always some used ones at the local shops but I am far from an expert on muzzleloaders and dont know what to look for in some of the older, second hand, off brand ones they tend to have.
Thank you

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries