View Single Post
Old April 7, 2011, 10:20 AM   #32
threegun

Quote:
Recall a c-store clerk who was robbed, he handed over the money, was docile thruout. Then the BG shot the clerk, the clerk fell and the BG reached across the counter and shot downwards at the clerk, emptying his gun. The c-store clerk died. He did nothing to provoke the BG. The entire incident was captured by the c-store TV camera, including audio. It was sick.
Seaman, As you know the odds are extremely low for the bad guy to even fire much less kill the clerk.

Quote:
Statistics can be against this kind of senseless violent homicide occuring but if I were at either place (and I could have been) and not tried to stop the murders, I would have a hard time living with myself.
What kind of a time living with yourself would you have had you interveined and the clerk got shot in the exchange?

Quote:
If I can't try to help an innocent person who is clearly at peril, what am I worth? I am worth nothing.
All good people would offer someone in trouble a helping hand. My point is that statistics say in this scenario you would be moving them from the frying pan and into the fire. Introducing gunfire to this scenario cannot help EXCEPT in the most extreme of circumstances. Those being an instant stop by you or if it prevents the eventual murder of the clerk. Both extremely rare indeed.

Page generated in 0.03677 seconds with 8 queries