View Single Post
Old April 15, 2009, 05:31 AM   #17
Jofaba

Quote:
But now you're back to having federal laws overriding state laws. Take a gander at the Constitution....
Yes, it is a conundrum. Before I make another comment on it I think that I should reread the constitution and rearrange my program. It is easy to think you've got the best answer to a question but the constitution and the BOR is the core of our country and should be what guides us to the best answer, never something to bump against and try to twist for your own means.

EDIT: rereading this thread makes this post sound, at least to my early morning groggy mind, that I'm just swinging for the benches with a brand new bat.

What I mean by it, is that I entirely believe in the constitution and the bill of rights, and wouldn't want a "good intentions" idea to run against their grain. The BOR is designed to be amended and you can argue about how good/bad that is (it took away then gave us back liquor, you can stand on either side of that debate), but I think that it is perfectly worded in this case, I believe.

It is open for interpretation of course, those damn pesky commas, but that's why we have the judicial system.

Last edited by Jofaba; April 15, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries