View Single Post
Old August 21, 2005, 04:05 PM   #82
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Rich

Quote:
And that is the nub of the disagreement. You're a naturalist. Most of us are conservationists. Never the twain shall meet.

PETA is a naturalist organization.
Aw geeze Rich! I'm both a conservationist AND a naturalist (yup, both can co-exist in the same body ). PLEASE don't lump naturalists in with those fanatics at PETA! I've been a naturalist ever since I was old enough to walk the boonies alone and wonder at things. I earned my B.S. in wildlife biology, and my grad work was in vertebrate autecology, but the difference between some naturalists (including me) and others is that we tend to keep the emotion out of things, and recognize the need for wildlife management. Those left-of-center let their emotions get in the way too often and judgement gets clouded. Think of a naturalist as a profession. Like most others, you get people from all walks of life, with widely varying personalities, opinions, intelligence, and politics.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries