View Single Post
Old January 28, 2014, 03:07 PM   #4
Pahoo

Another good deal !!

BerdanSS
Taking all at face value, this is a very good deal and they are tack drivers. I'm sure you know that these were trainers and by any chance, is your marked US Property? .....

I'll have to correct myself as they were never issued as trainers;

Quote:
Mossberg Model 44US (D)
Mossberg 44US (D) .22 caliber bolt action rifle. First introduced in 1948, and produced until 1949, the 44US (D) was the last, and most technically advanced model, of the 44US series. The 44US series began production in 1943 under contract with the US Government for use a training rifles. Preceding the 44US(D) were the 44US (Produced under Government contract and marked US – Property), 44US(a) marked US – Property, (A few of these were produced under Government contract, and marked US – Property, but were never actually issued as trainers, but sold through the Civilian Marksmanship Program, CMP, to the civilian market), 44US(a) 44US(b), and 44US(c) models. This 44US(D) is complete, and a great example of O.F. Mossberg’s high quality firearms
Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; January 28, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.06346 seconds with 8 queries