View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 07:58 PM   #32
Peter M. Eick

Sorry to be late to the show, but I will add some facts.

I have a Colt diamondback. It was my only centerfire for several decades and took a lot of shooting.

At shot 41,149 it broke the spring fro the hand and had to be sent in for replacement. Colt put a new return spring cylinder arm also. I kept shooting it.

At shot 42,819 I was having problems with not getting good firing pin hits. I sent it in to be re-timed. Colt replaced the Hand, Rebound Lever and spring. The also fixed the latch bushing. They retimed it and sent it back.

At round 45,209 I had the bolt screw head break off. Colt repaired it, retimed it and sent it back.

We are at round 47,320 with no issues since then.

My analysis is that I went decades of heavy shooting with no issues and then several parts break at roughly the same time. Probably they were all generally related and now that things are back working there has been no issues since.

My primary Python is now at round 5,048. Not a single issue and many many of those rounds were full power 2400 loads.

My thought is that Colt makes a good product. If I had been nicer to my diamondback it probably would have lasted better. Its replacement (original just gets shot less) seems to be holding right in there but I am careful with it.

Page generated in 0.03720 seconds with 8 queries