View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 10:58 AM   #19
5 STRING

Update

"The drag I get with Red Dot is slight, right at the start of the downstroke. Also it is just an ocasional occurance and does not seem to have much effect on the powder weight that is dropped.

I attribute it to using the standard rotor turned in so tight for flake powder under 4 grains of charge. I may get the small rotor just to use for 9mm and 380. I load some Titegroup and the volume would be pretty small for the standard.

I forgot to add that I have used WSF with the standard rotor and did not get drag at the top of the stroke."

I think that (some drag) would be apparent using flake powder, but not to the point of "binding the cylinder" or being to the point of having to use definate "force" to get it out of its jammed feeling condition.

"Call RCBS"

I just got off the phone with RCBS a few minutes ago. I explained the problem to the tech that I spoke with, and told him what was going on. He told me that he would get a new small cylinder sent to me under warranty ... TODAY ... What a blessing!!!

Thank you all for your help. I am SO glad I joined this group of people on this forum. I had been considering this forum for quite some time, and now I am glad that I did. It was the right choice.....good info, good folks.

Page generated in 0.02978 seconds with 8 queries