Thread: DAO woes
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 10:01 AM   #37
bonefamily

Quote:
Of course, you can get used to anything, but I can't imagine using a DAO pistol, especially for self defense. Unless you've fired a LOT of shots through it in practice, your accuracy is going to be into left field. Also, it can't fire anywhere near as fast as a SA semiauto.

My SIG 2022 9mm is a D/S, where the first shot is DA, and subsequent shots are SA. The SA trigger is VERY light, about 4 lbs, and I can easily let off 5 to 6 rounds per second with it, almost like a machine gun. The long DA pull of the first shot acts as an effective safety, so you don't have to worry about flipping a safety off before you shoot.
Thanks for the reply, Ruark. With the DAO being an inaccurate firearm and should not be used for self defense purposes in your opinion, then where does the first shot of a DA/SA pistol go? I have read that the first shot is most likely the most crucial...?? I would think that training with a DA/SA with one shot being double action and then 9 or more being single action, that the muscle memory would favor the single action side. Thoughts?

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries