View Single Post
Old April 29, 2012, 10:40 PM   #2
SWglockmagnum

An ankle holster is great for a woman wearing wide leg baggy jeans that are tight on top, and tight shirts / blouses etc and have nowhere else to hold them, or as a 2nd or 3rd weapon, but IMHO not good for a primary carry location - judging by various things i've watched, read, heard, and common sense.

Common sense being that if anyone sees you reaching for your ankle, they are likely to close the gap and kick you in the face or stab you before you get to your weapon, and can much more easily get to it than you can if they are on top of you pinning you to the ground. Martial arts training tells me that. And almost anyone with any sort of fighting ability vs someone who doesn't have it will be able to do so. i.e. if you have zero martial arts training, and you're up against someone who does, or they are significantly larger than you, they are going to get your gun... not you... especially considering that anyone who has enough distance from you to allow you to reach that weapon isn't really a threat, and if they are holding a gun, you're never going to make it to your own. he will unload his on you before your hand gets to your knee much less your ankle.

Which is why i say not good for primary carry position unless there is nothing else available with your outfit.

so keep that in mind.

But, if you have 1 or 2 other weapons on you and that is your third position, then by all means carry an ankle holster, though, who -really- needs that much fire power for daily life? at some point it seems like it would a burden carrying around that much metal.

Just my opinions though.

Page generated in 0.02089 seconds with 8 queries