View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 05:34 PM   #15
BigJimP

Others have told you the X-Five trigger will probably not go into a standard Sig 226 - but that still doesn't give you a manual safety on the gun / just a different trigger. The slides on the X-Fives and the standard Sigs are different / the X-Fives are longer .....so none of this is going to work.

But having said that - if you like the Sig X-Five - then why not buy it. But to consider it a carry weapon is a bit of a stretch - I have the top of the line X-5, but its about 55 oz with a full mag in it - and that's an awful heavy carry weapon. The Tactical X-Five is a little lighter - but not that much.

But to the issue - carrying an X-Five ( they all have manual safeties ) is basically a cocked-and locked SAO - just like a 1911. If you think the Kimber 9mm ( single stack ) is a good weapon then go that route / or any 1911 chambered in a 9mm if you want ( Wilson Combat and others make them too ) - but the X-Five is a double stack weapon, and depending on the version available in 9mm or .40 S&W. Only the top of the line one with the wood stocks(grips) has the adjustable trigger in it.

Everybody should carry and shoot what they want - but I think you're mixing apples and oranges here. The X-5 is a very good gun / but its not nearly as good a trigger as a well tuned 1911, in my opinion - but personally, I like the X-5 for what it is / and a 1911 for what it is.

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 8 queries