View Single Post
Old January 18, 2018, 06:20 PM   #20
625TC

Quote:
I'm solidly against national reciprocity legislation. Currently, those of us in states with excellent carry laws have very little interference from the federal government regarding our daily carry. But federal legislation usually involves compromise. What if a compromise for a national reciprocity bill involves further restrictions on what and where I can carry? Right now I can carry any handgun virtually everywhere I go, and businesses have no ability to post signs making me a criminal if I concealed carry on their property. I want to keep it that way.

A national reciprocity bill would very possibly end up including more national restrictions on carry rules. And if it didn't, it's very possible that there would be future restrictions enacted as a backlash. Many of us have it very good now, and we don't want to see the federal government get involved and potentially make our good carry laws worse.

NAILED it. +however many

It seems from these threads on various forums, that the main proponents of reciprocity live in states with restrictive or non-existent carry laws and are hoping to gain some with this. Those of us who live in states that are very free on this issue fear that the heavily compromised legislation will force us to give up more than we could ever gain, and that once the Feds are involved, one regime change and registration, restriction and confiscation are just around the corner. I do NOT want to this dominated by NY, NJ, HI, MA, CT, RI, CA - and with the number of lawmakers they have, their way WILL be the deciding factor

exactly

Page generated in 0.03213 seconds with 8 queries