View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 03:46 PM   #24
HiBC

iraiam

I did clearly say "Read anything you want".I believe in both knowledge and Liberty.

I don't make any big deal out of the availability of the book.

All you have to do is watch the "fail" videos on you tube to figure out SOME folks get real bored and decide to do something stupid.And some folks are nuts like McVeigh and the Unibomber.

No,I do not believe in banning books.When books are outlawed,only outlaws will have books.

I am saying there is a long list of good reasons ,death being only one of them,not to experiment with improvise munitions.

I know one person who spent weeks in a burn unit,one who had his eyes bandaged for a few weeks because his face was flash burned,one who has one thumb smaller than the other and some scars on his hands,and another with one arm missing.

You had chemistry class,great!!I have good experience to recognise improvise munitions is not a sustainable hobby craft.

Among those are people who studied chemistry and physics.

Read anything,know anything.

Don't take it to the kitchen,oh,that reminds me!!Another incident!!Neighbor kid next door,saw my brother casting solid fuel rocket motors.(Junior High!)The mixture gets melted on a stove,in a double boiler.This kid used a coffee can,bad idea to have a coffee can of rocket fuel ingredients,available at Wal-mart,on the stove.Real bad idea.Kitchen needed work.

Decades ago,things were not so legally controlled,somebody who had chemistry and physics class,lost a little chunk of white phosphorous on the cool basement floor.I found it with the sock on my right foot.Later,I was laying on my bed,reading,drinking iced tea,and listening to the radio.The phosporous warmed up.Have you ever had your right foot catch on fire in bed for no apparent reason?

Then there was a local gentleman who had some crystalized dynanite in his shed.My best friend was a friend of his family.He helped search for remains.

Murphy's Law.Count on it.

Last edited by HiBC; February 10, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02764 seconds with 8 queries