View Single Post
Old February 5, 2012, 03:39 AM   #61
BillCA

That's because it's a Colt.

Actually, Colt does have its problems at times. You mentioned a broken slide stop. Some folks complain about the plastic triggers on some Colts or the "loose" slide or MIM parts. Most of the MIM parts are easily replaced if desired. The loose slide is there so it continues to run even dripping in sand or mud. But the main issue is that Colt continues to define the 1911 frame and there are no real concerns that a standard 1911 part won't fit on a Colt.

That's not to say every Colt is perfect. I've seen them come from the factory with the lower dust cover machined off-center, uneven cuts alongside the recoil spring cap, loose barrel bushing keyway cuts, and similar issues. Made me wonder if some trainees were doing base inspections.

As much as I like my Colts, they are all Combat Commanders (steel frames) and a bit tiresome to to carry. A standard (lightweight) Commander is easier on the hip. The Defender is a great compact gun for carry too. But the one I carry the most is my S&W 1911SC (now 1911PD) with the light Scandium frame. It's light, fast, nimble and easy to shoot.

Page generated in 0.02592 seconds with 8 queries