View Single Post
Old July 1, 2010, 02:07 PM   #8
katana8869

To me, these are very relevant numbers when making that all important choice of "what should I chose for a CCW?" Comparing say a 2 3/4" SP101 and a Glock 26 (I own both.) What advantages do you get balistically from the short barreled .357 over the 9mm? The answer, not a whole heckuvalot.

When you also take into consideration that the SP101 will have MUCH more muzzle blast/flash, heavier recoil, half the ammo capacity and slower reloads (for most shooters) it pales even further. Reliability between the 2 guns is virtually even, so IMO there really is no point in choosing a short barreled .357 over a 9mm auto.

Now if you want to move the discussion to 4" barrels... there is no contest, ballistics show that the .357 is the clear winner against all but the hottest of the hot 9mm's, but a 4" .357 is not what most would want to carry due to the revolvers size and weight. (Again in my opinion.)

So, that takes us back to where we started. I love my SP101. It was my first CCW and I still trust that it would fill the role well, but of the two, my G26 is my 1st choice for a carry weapon.

Page generated in 0.02389 seconds with 8 queries