View Single Post
Old December 5, 2004, 10:23 AM   #18
guntotin_fool

I had an occasion to scream at a store employee once at a large national chain when for the third time after he pulled a pistol from the showcase and then swept me with the barrel and then after racking the slide without really looking to check the weapon, he dry snapped the hammer down.
I lost it and said " My son is here, and I want him to live at least till I get out of the store," The clerk looked at me with the universal look of stupidity and said "huh?" I asked to speak the manager on duty and asked him if he understood why I was so upset. His response was all the guns in the cabinet were empty and I was overstating the fear I felt.
I explained to him the rules of safe gunhandling and he repeated himself "but all the guns are unloaded."
I decided then and there I would not return to the store.

The other instance that was so scary was while at a old timey gun shop in the old part of time I found an Ithaca Deerslayer that i was looking for and when I racked the action a 2 3/4 inch OO buckshot round fell to the floor.

None of the firearms had a triggerlock on them. After the manager got everyone out they walked around and found four more loaded 12 guage shotgun and an empty box from the buckshot. They figured either some looney or someone had an axe to grind. Either way the incident really scared the manager. And nearly caused me to wet my pants...

Page generated in 0.03900 seconds with 8 queries