View Single Post
Old June 23, 2012, 09:45 AM   #13
Vance

Congratulations on the XL650. I went ahead and ordered the roller bearing and washers from McMaster-Carr. It does eliminate the indexing snap mostly. I still get a slight snap in 1 out of 5 indexings, but the other 4 times are smooth. You can get these roller bearing kits on E-Bay also. After McMaster-Carr added shipping and handling, it works out to the same price you can get the kit on E-Bay shipped.

If you cycle the press a few times with no components in it and watch the priming system, you will see how it works. There is a lever that gets depressed to advance the next primer. When I load com ponents in the press to get started, I cycle the press once to get the first case loaded into the shell plate, then I depress that primer advance lever 6 more times with my finger. When I cycle the press the next time there will be 2 cases in the shell plate, 1 ready to be sized and 1 that hase been sized and primed ready to be charged. Doing this, I rarely have a primer empty into that live primer catch arm.

I saw on you tube where someone modified the spent primer collection system where they attached a tube to the opening where the spent primer collection cup normally is and run the tube down to a garbage can.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries