View Single Post
Old May 23, 2021, 02:12 PM   #40
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY View Post
25 ACP many Baby Browning's and copies, TPH, etc. ( not counting zinc guns)
Marginal but better than nothing.

32 ACP many PPK/ PP, HSC, CZ, Bobcats, Seacamp, NAA's, Kel Tec P32 etc. etc. An effective round with hot European style ammo, passes FBI gel test with ease.

In any case: NOT GOING AWAY ( at least not before just about any other popular caliber).

Fictional characters should have no bearing on carry choices, that includes fictional British agents....the PP/K series was in use decades before the creation of b0nd.

As for .40 my dislike is not irrational. I remember when KB's were common due to cost cutting engineering in the 1990's, even when that was fixed, the .40 in HP usually has less penetration in gel than a 9mm in HP...so why bother? Even still, many love it, so it is not even close to being obsolete.
I think Claud Werner, the Tactical Professor would agree with the 32 ACP. And speaking of the small calibers he does a great job as featured in Lucky Gunner. In fact he carries one.

Don't buy into the internet myths that you have to have a large heavy gun to carry for EDC. And no one is going to volunteer to step in front of a 32 for example, reason, because they would Fear Death.All of a sudden it would NOT be a joke or taken lightly. Those that underrate them would be making a huge mistake. In fact we have a saying down in the South, stepping in front of one in REAL life, the big talker would actually loose his grits before going down.
Hot, Humid Summer coming on and the P32. will get plenty of carry time. And pity the poor bad guy that wants to step in front of a one. 8 fast rounds of this stuff it nothing to sneeze at.
And the millions of Americans buying and carrying Pocket guns will always be a incentive for Gun Manufacturer to continue to develop even better ballistics. They know a money maker when they see one.

And carrying a small light weight P32 is sure a lot more pleasant than a anchor in side a pair of shorts. Most people get it.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; May 23, 2021 at 02:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02743 seconds with 8 queries