View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 10:42 PM   #465
Derius_T

Quote:
Who exactly did you fight that was threatening the BoR in the USA?
Or, do you mean, you served in the military, in combat, for some President's most likely ill-advised and even questionably ethical war(s) like I did?
When I took an oath, I swore that I would protect and defend the Constitution first and foremost, before any man or entity that would seek to trample it, whether they be foreign or American. I see people all around me, especially in our government, that enjoy the rights and privileges of being named American, yet seek boldly to deny others of those same basic rights. To me that makes them American's in name only, and I really have no use for anyone who plays games with my freedom, or the rights and freedoms of others that myself, and many others fought for. Do you remember your oath? Mine went something like this:

I, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Pay particular attention to the bolded section, and notice it comes first, and therefor takes precedence over the rest, if the rest threaten the first. Do ponder that won't you?

Page generated in 0.02038 seconds with 8 queries