View Single Post
Old April 3, 2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Willie Sutton

No need to toss stones or be rude.. As I said, "enjoy your hobby". There's plenty of room for a lot of smiles for a lot of different reasons.

I just write what I see is the general opinion of the marketplace. No problem with Piettas, lots of folks love them. Ditto with Ubertis. Some folks don't care what they buy. Lots of choices for lots of people. If the Uberti's command a premium, it's not because you or I make it happen... it's the general feeling of the marketplace.

I'd send all of my Piettas to you for free if I had any (I do not), but the BBL markings ruin them for me completely. If they re-thought this I might be a buyer.. but I am not. Like I said, it's the forces of the marketplace at work. Piettas are not selling used for a premium. Ubertis are. That's just a fact, not an opinion. The "why" is an opinion, and my opinion is that "generally" people think (rightly or wrongly) that they are a better quality product. You (wrightly or wrongly) think otherwise and have spent your $'s accordingly. That's the beauty of the free market, we have choices. Enjoy yours! I enjoy mine.

The original poster asked about Uberti's. Talking about Piettas is not germane to the mans question in any event. Ford v/s GM... when the question was about Ford.

Best,

Willie

Page generated in 0.03680 seconds with 8 queries