View Single Post
Old September 21, 2011, 07:16 AM   #10
Jimro

Quote:
You could mix them together in the same bag and never be able to discern any difference. Not-to-worry

Mehavey--Sorry to disagree with you,but yes there is a difference. Do the test once and you will see.I have been told 1/10 gn powder makes no difference too.Biggest misconseption out there, It does make a difference.I did the test from a Savage FVSS 223. Case trim made POI difference in all case lengths.as did 1/10 gn of powder also. My opinion---Case length makes more difference than case weight does.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Sounds like you are loading on "the ragged edge of accuracy" where your barrel harmonics need everything "just so" to keep groups tight. Had you picked an Optimal Charge Weight (OCW) load you would not see a difference in .003" of trim length.

And when you talk about POI shift, the question becomes, is it a statistically significant shift? Every group has "outliers", and outliers by themselves are not statistically significant until they are surrounded by confirmation data points that prove in fact they are not outliers.

Jimro

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries