View Single Post
Old June 21, 2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Black Adder LXX

Lee 3 or 4 hole turret press?

Hello to all. I've been learning a lot from reading the posts here, and am about to take the plunge for the first time. I have decided that I will go with a Lee Turret Press, for the obvious bang-for-the-buck factor. I've got the ABC's of reloading on the way from Midway as the sticky suggests, and don't plan on buying ANYTHING until I read it.

Now that said, I have a question involving the type of reloading I'm looking into. I'd like to immediately reload for 38/357 to start, followed by 9x18 Makarov. I'd also like the future option of reloading for rifle cartridges as well. Well, blah blah here's the question: I notice standard cartridges have the Lee deluxe (4 die) kits available, where more exotic/rare cartridges like the Makarov only have the 3-die sets. Does this present a problem in a 4-hole turret setup? I like the added safety/quality of the factory crimp die and want to go that route if possible.

Sorry if this has been answered recently, I really have NO idea how to search for this one...

Last edited by Black Adder LXX; June 23, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02715 seconds with 8 queries