View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 08:56 AM   #12
TailGator

The 9 mm is the easiest on the wallet among the major SD calibers, and is among the easiest in recoil, also.

A pistol that crossed my mind for your needs is the Beretta PX4, in 9 mm, either full sized or compact. It is very well made and reliable, and it has a rotating barrel that absorbs recoil. (Note that the subcompact PX4 does not have the rotating barrel.) I wonder if increased weight is really good for your bad wrist, and therefore wonder if this lighter pistol which tames recoil mechanically rather than by inertia might be preferable to you.

My daughter has the subcompact PX4 in 9 mm, which gives me the opportunity to shoot it side-by-side with my Beretta 92 FS (a very well thought of but noticeably heavier pistol). I actually feel less recoil with the PX4, and my daughter agrees. The PX4 is also quite accurate, and breaks down easily for routine cleaning. We got hers for a shade under $500 OTD, and I consider it an excellent value.

I would advise you to put the PX4 on your list of pistols to handle, and hopefully shoot, before making your purchase. If it doesn't float your boat, fine, but it is worth looking at.

Page generated in 0.02994 seconds with 8 queries