View Single Post
Old January 9, 2017, 09:46 AM   #77
agtman

Quote:
* * * I have also yet to shoot a semi-auto that I found difficult to hold onto though (which I assume is the point of stippling).
What many folks have missed here about stippling, at least when it's done by a reputable custom outfit (in my case, BTC), is that it's almost never done without other ergonomic mods to the frame. So yes, while stippling makes otherwise slick polymer material "grippier," it's typically not the only frame mod done, at least to Glocks.

So on both my 10mm Glocks, BTC eliminated the hump on the backstrap (in the course of doing the stippling work), added a beavertail, and removed material under the trigger guard at the top of the front-strap for a higher purchase. (I also had the option to have the finger-grooves on the front strap removed and that area stippled over, but chose to keep them).

All the work was professionally well-done, and both Glocks now point and handle like 1911s. The humpy, bulky, Glocky frame-girth is gone.

I've kept the work-orders and receipts as documentation, and if I ever go to sell either one of them, I'm confident there's a buyer out there who'll find value in these mods.

Page generated in 0.02790 seconds with 8 queries